Western Colorado Congress (WCC) is hiring a full-time Executive Director based out of its Grand Junction office. (For a pdf of this job announcement, click here.)
- Developing and implementing a strategic plan with the Board of Directors.
- Working with Grant Writer and Development Coordinator to develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan.
- Developing working relationships with key foundation contacts and major donors.
- Preparing annual budget with board treasurer for Board of Directors’ approval.
- Overseeing financial management and cash flow to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Determining staffing needs to meet operational goals, and overseeing staff hiring, orientation and training.
- Supervising staff and conducting annual performance evaluations.
- Fostering an atmosphere of communication, cooperation, and community among WCC staff, board, and within organization.
Preferred candidate will have successful experience in:
- Foundation and major donor fundraising,
- Non-profit administration and management,
- Staff supervision, and
- Visioning and strategic planning;
As well as having:
- Belief in and understanding of the principles of community organizing,
- Time management and prioritization skills,
- Familiarity with the western slope of Colorado,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent experience.
Compensation: Salary $50,000-$55,000. Health insurance, 4 weeks vacation, retirement account after one-year, and sabbatical after 5 years.
To apply: Email cover letter, résumé, short writing sample (e.g., newsletter article or letter-to-the-editor) and four (4) references to WCC Search Committee at: [email protected] Application deadline: 9/1/14. Western Colorado Congress is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Questions? Contact Brenda, WCC’s Administrative Assistant, at (970) 210-5242.