Posted: March 17, 2016
Application deadline: EXTENDED to April 25, 2016
Western Colorado Congress is a grassroots, democratic organization dedicated to challenging injustice by organizing people to increase their power over decisions that affect their lives. WCC’s community groups and members work together to create healthy, sustainable communities, social and economic justice, environmental stewardship and a truly democratic society.
We are seeking a rare individual to join our team as a summer intern, starting on or before June 1, 2016. The position is based out of our office in downtown Grand Junction, but will likely involve some travel around the Western Slope. This is a full-time, paid internship.
To be a successful candidate for this position, you’ll be an undergraduate or grad student, or will have just graduated from a college-level program. You’ll be a go-getter, a people person, creative, self-directed, and fired up to make the world a better place. You’ll be eager to work hard (some evening and weekend work may be required), try your hand at many things, and learn various aspects of nonprofit work.
We’re a busy team with an ever-evolving set of campaigns and activities. Your role will span some or all of the following duties:
- Assist with community meetings, presentations, hikes and other events
- Tabling at events
- Creating content for our website and social media channels
- Designing flyers, handouts, displays
- Doing research in support of our campaigns
- Organizing photos
- Shooting video and still pictures
- Commitment to Western Colorado Congress’s mission and values
- Reliability, teachability and attention to detail
- Familiarity with computers including word processing and social networking
- Driver’s licence and good driving record
Salary: $750-1,000 per month, depending on qualifications. Vacation time is accrued at a rate of 1.8 days per month.
Application must include:
- cover letter (tell us why you want the job)
- contact information for two references (professors, employers, etc.; no family members, please)
Send application materials to [email protected], and please put “Intern position” in the subject line. All documents should be in either Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) or .pdf format. No phone calls, please.