We’ve defended the BLM methane rule so far – help us hold the line
Your efforts are having an effect! Keep the pressure on!
We’ve been on the edge our seats for the past month, as the Senate considers revoking the so-called BLM Methane Rule. This new rule limits pollution from oil and gas development on public and tribal lands, and helps stop the waste of our natural gas resources.
Members of Congress who oppose these common-sense protections are trying to use a heavy-handed and undemocratic tool called the Congressional Review Act to repeal the rule. But so far, they haven’t dared to bring it to a vote – because, thanks to overwhelming public pressure, they haven’t been able to secure enough votes.
Last week, two Republican Senators, Lindsey Graham (R-SC) and Susan Collins (R-ME), said they wouldn’t vote to repeal the rule. Our own Sen. Cory Gardner is one of only two Republicans who remain undecided. That means we Coloradans can make the difference on this vote!
Please take action today and ask Sen. Gardner to oppose the rollbacks of pollution standards that protect our natural resources, health, and taxpayer wallets! Phone calls are most effective at this time – call the Senator at (303) 391-5777 or (202) 224-5941.
Tips for what to say:
- Give your name and where you’re from.
- Urge the senator to oppose using the Congressional Review Act to eliminate the BLM’s Natural Gas Waste Rule. Why the rule is important:
- Public resources should be used for the good of the American taxpayer.
- The rule helps reduce air pollution and protects our health.
- The rule would save taxpayers tens of millions each year by capturing gas instead of wasting it.
- Restate your ask: Don’t allow America’s energy and our tax dollars to be wasted. I hope you will oppose efforts to rollback the BLM natural gas waste rule.resources, health, and wallets.
Can’t call? Send a message here.
It’s clear that public pressure from people just like you are the reason this vote has not happened yet. Right now, every call counts. Please call Sen. Gardner today and help us keep the pressure on. Together we can keep these critical protections intact.